In previous blog posts, we’ve often said that maintaining a healthy diet is an important aspect of managing blood sugar levels and diabetes. Of course, the first step to any plan for healthy eating is to get some ideas for easy and delicious recipes that you can make at home.
Today’s post is the first in a two-part series about eating well in the real world. The first entry is dedicated to cooking healthy meals at home for your management of diabetes.
In order to help you down the right path for healthy eating, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite recipes together and listed them by mealtime:
Breakfast time, “the most important meal of the day,” is a great opportunity to focus on whole grains and sugar substitutes.
- Here is a great recipe for whole-wheat pancakes or waffles that uses sugar-free sweetener, egg substitute and nonfat milk.
- For something on the go, try these apple cinnamon muffins that use oat bran cereal, whole-wheat flour and unsweetened applesauce.
- If a morning smoothie sounds more like your thing, here’s a recipe that uses a fresh peach, nonfat yogurt and nonfat milk.
At lunchtime, we like sandwiches with lean proteins or salads with lots of veggies.
- Make yourself a buffalo chicken wrap with low-cal mayo and a whole-grain tortilla.
- This green salad with lemony dressing is made with dried apricots, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts. Yum!
- Get the benefits of super-lean tuna in this couscous tuna salad recipe.
Just because you’re eating healthy, doesn’t mean you can’t eat well. Try some of these delicious and filling dinner recipes.
- Straight out of the menus of the trendiest restaurants, make your own healthy Asian roast pork slider that uses lean pork, light soy sauce and whole-wheat buns.
- This recipe for lemon chicken breasts is so delicious, you won’t believe how easy it is to make! Be sure to use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor.
- This hearty barley turkey soup is a labor of love, but it’s delicious and eats like a meal! Fresh veggies will give you the best tasting stock, and be sure to go easy on the salt.
Aside from these delicious recipes, remember that My Diabetes Home is your comprehensive dashboard for managing diabetes in healthy and productive way. Right now, when you register (for free) with My Diabetes Home, you get a free cookbook! Get started on your new healthy life today with all the tools found at My Diabetes Home.
My Diabetes Home your one-stop place for managing your diabetes. Join us now and be part of the community! Any information provided is not medical advice and My Diabetes Home is not responsible for any information from third parties. Go here for more info: https://www.mydiabeteshome.com/mydiabetes/content/terms-use-agreement