Learn how to connect your EMR, Fitbit and more!
First of all: What’s an EMR?
An Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is the electronic documentation of a patient’s health history including medical information such as a patient’s chronic medical conditions, diagnoses, medications and treatment regimens, laboratory tests, immunizations, surgical history and other information. EMRs can be accessed by all of a patient’s current healthcare providers and promote patient-centered care by allowing collaboration amongst healthcare professionals.
To connect your EMR, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the cloud icon in the top right corner of your screen.
Or you can click on “Connect to Portal” on the left side of your screen, in the sidebar.
- Next, you will see this pop-up. Click “Get Started.”
- From there, click on the type of provider you would like to connect.
- Search for and select your provider.
- Enter the credentials you have set up with your provider.
- Please allow 24 hours for the data to show up in your profile.
To connect your Fitbit or other activity tracker, follow the steps below:
- Click on “myActivity” from the sidebar on the left side of your screen
- Choose the brand of activity tracker you wish to connect
- Click “Choose Source”
- Once again, choose the brand of activity tracker you would like to connect
- Enter the login credentials you use for your activity tracker
- Allow up to 24 hours for the data to appear in myActivity
During the month of July, you can enter to win an Amazon Echo Dot by connecting different health data (activity tracker, meter, smart scale or EMR) to My Diabetes Home.
Once you have connected something to MDH, confirm your entry via the link below and:
- Give us the email connected with your My Diabetes Home account
- Tell us what you have connected to MDH
- Submit your information
- And repeat for each item you connect!