My Diabetes Home, LLC
Last modified: 1/19/2015
HIPAA Compliant as of 3/8/2016
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Websites and Mobile Apps.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites and Mobile Apps.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Websites and Mobile Apps, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites and Mobile Apps.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Websites and Mobile Apps.
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of My Diabetes Home, LLC, the information belongs to you. You have the right to request to:
- Access an electronic copy of your medical record. And have it be transmitted to another individual or entity.
- Amend your health record.
- Obtain an accounting of certain disclosures of your health information made for the prior six (6) years, although this excludes disclosures for payment, health care operations, and disclosures made with your authorization.
- Communications of your PHI by alternative means.
- Place a restriction to certain uses and disclosures of your information. In most cases we are not required to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by the agreement; except in certain circumstances where disclosure is required or permitted.
My Diabetes Home, LLC is required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your PHI.
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction.
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate PHI
- Notify you of a breach where your unsecured PHI has been accessed, acquired, used or disclosed to an unauthorized person.
We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all PHI we maintain. Should our information practices change, such revised policies will be made available to you.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites and Mobile Apps are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites and Mobile Apps. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites and Mobile Apps or on or through any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites and Mobile Apps, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that relates to your personal health including: information indicating you are a patient or receiving health-related services from a certain provider; information about your health condition (such as a disease you may have); information about health care products or services you have received or may receive in the future (such as an operation); information about your health care benefits under an insurance plan (such as whether a prescription is covered);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as zip code; credit card information, and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and Mobile Apps and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Websites and Mobile Apps may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites and Mobile Apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website; subscribing to our service; posting material; uploading health information to your account; inviting a friend, family member, health care provider, or other individual; or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites and Mobile Apps.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our the Websites and Mobile Apps and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites and Mobile Apps.
- Your search queries on the Websites and Mobile Apps.
You also may provide information (for example, a comment on an article we post to our Websites and Mobile Apps) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Websites and Mobile Apps, or transmitted to other users of the the Websites and Mobile Apps or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites and Mobile Apps with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites and Mobile Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites and Mobile Apps, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites and Mobile Apps.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including: your IP address; operating system and browser type; name of the domain and host from which You access the Internet; Internet address of the website from which You linked directly to the Websites and Mobile Apps.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here https://mixpanel.com/optout/ to opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and Mobile Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites and Mobile Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites and Mobile Apps.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites and Mobile Apps may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites and Mobile Apps. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Websites and Mobile Apps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and Mobile Apps and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites and Mobile Apps or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites and Mobile Apps.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your user preferences.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contract with third parties to perform functions or activities on behalf of, or certain services for, My Diabetes Home, LLC that involve the use or disclosure of PHI. We require the business associate to appropriately safeguard your information.
- We may not “sell” your PHI to a third party without your written authorization that acknowledges the remuneration unless such an exchange meets a regulatory exception.
- To notify or assist in notifying a family member, personal representative, or another person responsible for your care, your location, and general condition.
- To communicate with you in reference to any items that assist My Diabetes Home, LLC in carrying out operations.
- To be used in an effort to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the services we provide.
- To researchers when their research has been approved by an institutional review board that has reviewed the research proposal and established protocols to ensure the privacy of your PHI. Even without IRB approval, we may permit researchers to look at PHI to help them prepare for research as long as they do not remove, or take a copy of, any PHI.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Diabetes Home, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and Mobile Apps and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites and Mobile Apps that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at:
411 Laurel Street, Suite 3262
Des Moines, IA 50312
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. In particular, we use the latest best practices to ensure secure data transport and data storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites and Mobile Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites and Mobile Apps like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites and Mobile Apps.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites and Mobile Apps. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites and Mobile Apps.
If have questions and would like additional information, you may contact:
My Diabetes Home, LLC
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a written complaint with My Diabetes Home, LLC’s Privacy Officer. There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint.