March is the month of changing seasons, luck, and “madness”–so what better way to pay tribute to the month’s crowning moments than with a contest that’s sure to have your mouth watering!
Join My Diabetes Home and Chef Robert Lewis–The Happy Diabetic in our March Recipe Showdown for your chance to win a free e-cookbook. Bonus: Five winners will be randomly selected to win a hard copy cookbook from Chef Robert.
How to play:
- Download and fill out the March Recipe Showdown Bracket
- Submit your bracket via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25
- You can scan or take a photo of your bracket to submit. Or, send your picks in the body of the email.
- Follow My Diabetes Home on Pinterest
- Starting on March 25, re-pin or like each pin depending on the recipe you want to advance to the next round
- Check back here (this blog post) to see updates on advances and the start of a new round (timeline below)
- Watch for emails from email@example.com about advances and the start of a new round
- Have fun!
- March 25: March Recipe Showdown begins!
- March 25-March 27: Round One –Savory Sixteen
- March 28-March 30: Round Two–Extraordinary Eight
- March 31-April 2: Round Three–Foodie Four
- April 3-5: Championship
- April 6: Winning recipe is announced | Winners receive e-cookbook
How it works:
On March 25, sixteen recipes will go head-to-head to kick-off the March Recipe Showdown. Only eight recipes will advance to the next round, and so on, until there is a Champion.
- On March 25, the March Recipe Showdown board will be un-hidden on the My Diabetes Home Pinterest page.
- Contestants will submit a bracket (limit one bracket per contestant) with recipes advancing all the way to the Championship round as well as declaring a Champion.
- Contestants will re-pin or like a recipe depending on which recipe they want to advance.
- Recipes with the most re-pins or likes will advance to the next round.
- Contestants can check the My Diabetes Home blog according to the schedule above for updates on advances and beginning of new a round.
- Contestants will receive email updates regarding advances and the start of a new round.
- Contestants who pick the correct Champion will win a free e-cookbook and five of those winners will be randomly selected to win a hard copy cookbook.
- 1 Annie’s Veggie Boats
- 2 Garden Stand Bruschetta
- 3 Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 4 Caramelized Salmon Mango Fruit Salsa
- 5 California Mission Fig Salad
- 6 Chia-Crusted Tuna Fruit Salsa
- 7 Mediterranean Chicken Love
- 8 Robert’s Garlic Chicken Love
- 9 Fresh Grilled Farmers Market Salsa
- 10 Crispy Kale Chips
- 11 Teriyaki Grilled Salmon
- 12 Happy Diabetic Skinless Baked/Fried Chicken
- 13 Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 14 Oven-Roasted Garlic
- 15 Oven-Barbecued Chicken
- 16 Farmers Market Roasted Vegetable Soup
Get more recipes from Chef Robert Lewis–The Happy Diabetic at happydiabetic.com.